Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Morris Arboretum


Saturday brought with it another great weather day- what is that like three this summer? Hubs and I decided to go to the Morris Arboretum, kind of like Longwood Gardens, but owned and operated by the University of Pennsylvania. I must say I was pleasantly surprised that it was so close. And I instantly knew where I was when we got close. It's right past Valley Green and this awesome restaurant called Bruno's. Side note... when I was younger my dad (Grandpa J) and I would go running in valley green every weekend and then go eat hoagies and french fries at Bruno's. So, it has a special place in my heart.

The arboretum itself is up a hill. We drive up and arrived a little after 10am. Big guy was still awake. We went to the gift shop first, naturally. We have been on the hunt for a rain stick. Hubs doesn't believe me that it's a 1995 toy. The arboretum has this really cool "bird's nest." It's all wood and metal and is really high above the ground. Then there is a giant replica of a blackbird's nest that you can stand in. Big guy was really impressed!

We then walked through the grounds, visiting the rose garden, Oak Tree Alley, and tried to stick to the shade. Big guy reached down and grabbed at some flowers. Continuing our trend of destroying the foliage. Around eleven Big guy got ornery and I had to buckle him into his car seat to get him to sleep- he kept freaking out!

Then hubs and I walked over the hills for another hour to keep the stroller strolling. After exhaustion finally hit us, we got back in the car and drove to Bruno's. We had a lovely meal and then big guy and I strolled to Valley Green and found a bench to eat on. Big guy really enjoyed Valley Green, but found it very distracting while eating. Too many people running by. Following our meal, we walked down to look at the river. It was so peaceful and quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment